Murray Plate Processing
Murray Plate Processing are specialist suppliers of Profiled Steel Plates, with the equipment, skills and high-quality materials required to successfully deliver your project.
We can supply profiled plate in a range of grades in thicknesses up to 400mm and dimensionally we can cut up to 24 metres in length and 5 metres wide. Our established in-house technical set-up allows us to work to short lead times.
Murray's in-house high definition profiling, chamfers and drilling operation is ISO 9001 and CE Execution Class 4 accredited.
The vastly experienced Murray Plate Processing team do much more than simply supply steel and associated services, and can provide advice on all aspects of plate and profiled products, working closely with you from tender stage through to contract completion.
Our expertise extends to providing drawings for your approval if required, or we can produce items in accordance with your bespoke NC drawings.
Murray Plate Processing have made significant investments in state-of-the-art machinery to enable us to deliver the best quality finished products to you. Our current equipment and capabilities include:
- True Hole Technology, which enables accurate plasma cut bolt holes
- 5 Esab Suprarex Gas Profiling machines
- 4 Esab Oxy Plasma Cutting machines
- Profiling up to 24 metres in length, profile bed 5m wide serviced by a 25t crane
- Profiling up to 400mm thick, also Plasma serviced by a 25t crane
- CNC controlled CMA GRD drilling machine, with the ability to countersink holes and tap up to 100mm in thickness
- CNC controlled Voortman drilling machine offering drilled components up to 60mm in thickness
- 2 metre Radial Arm Drill providing drilled components up to 150mm
- CNC beveling from 6mm to 80mm
In addition to our in-house processing services, we can also provide testing (including Ultrasonic, charpy and through thickness testing, and management of third-party witness testing), plate flattening and shot-blasting & painting.
As part of the Murray Metals group, we have an established logistics set-up and provide a reliable delivery service throughout the UK and Ireland.
We produce a wide range of profiled products including:
- Uniflats for plate girders up to 24 metres in length complete with cambers and service holes if required
- Cut and drilled base plates and fittings in all grades
- Profiled components for industry in general
- Bridge components and deck plates
- Weld prep edges
- Bespoke profiles for sculptures
See more examples of our work in our Product Gallery.
As part of the Murray Metals group, Murray Plate Processing benefit from access to extensive stockholding and established relationships with a network of high-quality steel mills around the world.
We offer stock plates from 2m x 1m up to 12m x 3m. Longer plates are available from Fast Track mill rollings and we also supply non-standard sizes.
The steel plate grades we stock as standard include:
ISO 9001-2008 - Our systems and working practices are fully approved by Lloyds to ISO 9001-2008 for the sale, stockholding and distribution of plate and constructional steel and the management of associated processing including profile cutting and drilling to customer requirements.
CE Execution Class 4 - We are fully compliant to EN 1090-1: 2009 and A1: 2011 Lloyds approved, factory production control CE mark execution class 4.
As specialists in the supply of Profiled Steel Plates, the Murray Plate Processing team have extensive experience of partnering with customers in a wide range of sectors, helping them to secure and successfully complete major projects.
The industries we have particular expertise in include:
- Structural Engineering
- Bridge Construction
- Power & Energy
- Architectural Sculptures
- Shipbuilding (commercial and military)
- Yellow Goods